Arthur Fleck was fired, repeatedly beaten and lost access to his medication and therapist. He succumb to madness and took on the identity of The Joker.
Arthur Fleck was born on November 21, 1946, making him 35 in Joker.
To be added
- Penny Fleck - Mother and victim; deceased.
- Sophie - Neighbor.
- Murray Franklin - Idol and victim; deceased.
- Thomas Wayne - Supposed father; deceased.
Behind the scenes
- Joaquin Phoenix lost 52 pounds for the role.
- In true Joker fashion, it is shown throughout the movie that Arthur is an unreliable narrator, as it is revealed his relationship with his neighbor was completely imagined.
- Arthur may in fact be the illegitimate son of Thomas Wayne, making him Bruce's half-brother. Despite the documents stating he was adopted and his mother was a liar, Arthur found a picture of his mother young with Thomas Wayne writing that he loved her smile. This theory is also backed by Alfred's reaction to Arthur showing up, pushing Bruce out of earshot and whispering to Arthur 'nothing happened.' This, along with Penny's statement that she had signed papers to keep quiet, fit with Thomas' character of being self serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.