Batgirl is an upcoming movie set in the DC Extended Universe.
To be added
- To be confirmed actress as Barbara Gordon/Batgirl
In March 2016, Variety reports that Joss Whedon will produce, write and direct a Batgirl for Warner Bros and DC while Jon Berg and Geoff Johns will co-produce with Whedon. In February 2018, The Hollywood Reporter announced that Batgirl will be one of the studio's next adaptations to go into production. On February 22, 2018, The Hollywood Reporter and Deadline reported that Whedon had left the Batgirl project after not being able to crack the story. Warner Bros are now keen on getting a female director for the film, while Roxane Gay has been confirmed to be having discussions about replacing Whedon as screenwriter.
- The film will be the second movie from DC Films to star a female lead after Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman film.
- Joss Whedon was originally attached to direct. Had he stayed, he would have been the third person to direct both a DC and Marvel film, having directed The Avengers (2012) and Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015). The first is Stephen Norrington, who directed Blade (1998) and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (2003). The second is Bryan Singer, who directed Superman Returns (2006) and four X-Men films.
- Lindsey Morgan and Alycia Debnam-Carey are both interested in playing Batgirl.
- Kate Davies-Speak is campaigning for the role of Batgirl with the hastag #katedaviesforbatgirl.
- Nicolas Winding Refn expressed interest in directing the Batgirl movie.
- Alicia Silverstone who played Batgirl in Batman & Robin (1997) stated that she would love to play the character again.
- This is the first female superhero movie in the DCEU after the Wonder Woman movies.
- Priyanka Chopra expressed interest in playing Batgirl.
- Amber Myers made a campaign on playing Batgirl.
- Kristen Stewart is rumored to be the studio's main choice for the title role.
- The character Barbara Gordon, daughter of Gotham City Police Commissioner James Gordon, who fought crime as the costumed heroine Batgirl, was conceived by William Dozier, producer of the 1966 Batman television series. Barbara debuted not on the show, but in Detective Comics issue #359 (cover-dated January 1967) written by Gardner Fox, drawn by Carmine Infantino, edited by Julius Schwartz. Her television debut was in the first episode of the third season of the Batman series, played by actress Yvonne Craig.
- Barbara Gordon will be the Batgirl of the movie and will use the DC Comics "New 52" version of the character as a starting point.
- Naomi Scott, Olivia Cooke, Margaret Qualley and Elle Fanning have been mentioned as possible choices for the title role.
- Zoey Deutch and Madeline Brewer have both expressed a desire to play Batgirl.
- Karen Gillan has expressed an interest in playing Batgirl and directing the film.
- Kaitlyn Dever is rumored to be among the actresses considered to play Batgirl and has expressed an interest in the role.
To be added
To be added
|DC Extended Universe|
|Released Films||Man of Steel | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | Suicide Squad | Wonder Woman | Justice League | Aquaman | Shazam! | Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey | Wonder Woman 1984|
|Upcoming Films||The Suicide Squad | Black Adam | The Flash Shazam! Fury of the Gods | Aquaman 2 | Untitled Justice League sequel | Cyborg | Green Lantern Corps|