|Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice|
|Producer:|| Charles Roven|
|Writer(s):|| Chris Terrio|
|Release Date:||March 25, 2016|
|Running Time:||151 mins|
Eighteen months after the destructive battle in Metropolis (Man of Steel), Superman has become a controversial figure. Billionaire Bruce Wayne, who has covertly operated in Gotham City as vigilante Batman for nearly two decades, blames Superman for the casualties that resulted from his fight with General Zod. Superman, in his public identity as Daily Planet journalist Clark Kent, sees Batman as dangerous and seeks to expose him. LexCorp's mogul Lex Luthor also sees Superman as a threat and convinces Senator June Finch to help him recover kryptonite from Zod's failed terraforming attempt from the Indian Ocean. Finch later blocks Luthor's efforts to use Zod's DNA and the Kryptonian scout ship recovered from the battle to create a biological weapon.
Wayne successfully infiltrates a faux fundraiser promoted by Luthor to retrieve data from LexCorp's mainframe, but his data drive is stolen by mysterious antiques dealer Diana Prince, who learns that Luthor has a file on her. Wayne later receives the data drive back from her after she copies it. While decrypting the drive, he receives a vision of a dystopian future, where he leads a force of rebels against Superman. Wayne is snapped out of the vision by a mysterious time traveler, who warns him that Lois Lane has a crucial role to an impending threat, and that he must quickly find "the others". He later learns not only of Lex's experiments with kryptonite, but also his ongoing investigation about metahumans including Prince herself, who is an immortal warrior. Batman attempts to retrieve Luthor's kryptonite, but is intercepted by Superman, who orders him to cease his activities. Later, Finch summons Superman to a Congressional hearing at the U.S. Capitol to debate the validity of his actions, where Luthor masterminds a bombing that kills dozens of people, including Finch and Luthor's assistant, Mercy Graves. The public blames the bombing on Superman, who goes into self-imposed exile.
Batman retrieves the kryptonite and prepares to launch a pre-emptive strike against Superman; building a powerful exoskeleton armed with a kryptonite-powered riot gun and spear. With Batman now having the kryptonite, Luthor activates the Genesis Chamber aboard the scout ship and splices his own DNA and Zod's. Luthor endangers Lois to lure Superman to LexCorp Tower, where he reveals that he has been aware of Superman's secrets for some time. Luthor blackmails Superman into confronting Batman by holding his adoptive mother Martha Kent hostage, anticipating that one of the heroes would die during their altercation. Superman tries to reason with Batman, revealing that he knows his secrets, but this leads to a brutal fight in which Batman wins using the kryptonite riot gun. Before Batman can kill Superman with the kryptonite spear, Superman pleads for Batman to "save Martha", which was also the latter's late mother's name, causing him to shout in rage. Lois arrives and explains the situation, causing Batman to come to his senses and realize Superman is not a threat. Upon learning of Luthor's plan, Batman leaves to rescue Martha, while aboard the crashed ship, Superman confronts Luthor, who unleashes a monstrous genetically-engineered creature made with Kryptonian technology, whom he warns the heroes will bring about their "Doomsday". Superman and Batman join forces to fight the monster and are aided by an arriving Prince, but are outmatched due to the creature's ability to absorb and redirect energy. Realizing that their shared Kryptonian DNA results in shared vulnerabilities, Superman retrieves the kryptonite spear and impales the creature with it, while the creature stabs Superman with his bone protrusions, fatefully killing him.
Luthor is arrested after Lane exposes his numerous crimes; when he is visited by Batman in prison, he gloats that Superman's death has made the world vulnerable to powerful threats, which he became privy to while manipulating the Kryptonian ship's technology. Batman threatens Luthor, and promises that he will always be watching him. A memorial is held for Superman in Metropolis. Clark is also declared dead and Wayne, Lane, Martha, and Prince attend a private funeral for him in Smallville. Martha passes an envelope to Lane, which contains an engagement ring from Clark. After the funeral, Wayne reveals to Prince that he plans to form a team from Luthor's file subjects to protect the world in Superman's absence. Later, a faint heartbeat begins echoing from Clark's grave and the dirt around it begins to levitate.
- Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman
- Brandon Spink as young Bruce Wayne
- Henry Cavill as Kal-El/Clark Kent/Superman
- Amy Adams as Lois Lane
- Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor
- Diane Lane as Martha Kent
- Laurence Fishburne as Perry White
- Jeremy Irons as Alfred Pennyworth
- Holly Hunter as June Finch
- Gal Gadot as Diana Prince/Wonder Woman
- Scoot McNairy as Wallace Keefe
- Callan Mulvey as Anatoli Knyazev
- Tao Okamoto as Mercy Graves
- Ray Fisher as Victor Stone/Cyborg
- Jason Momoa as Arthur Curry/Aquaman
- Ezra Miller as Barry Allen/The Flash
- Christina Wren as Carrie Farris
- Harry Lennix as Secretary Calvin Swanwick
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Thomas Wayne
- Lauren Cohan as Martha Wayne
- Robin Atkin Downes as Doomsday
- Carla Gugino as Ship's voice
- Joe Morton as Silas Stone
- Rebecca Buller as Jenny Jurwich
- Michael Cassidy as Jimmy Olsen
- Kevin Costner as Jonathan Kent
- Chris Pine as Steve Trevor (photo)
- Joseph Cranford as Peter Ross
- Emily Peterson as Lana Lang
- Ripley Sobo as Sage
- Sammi Rotibi as General Amajagh
- Valiant Michael as Captain Knight
- David Scott Diaz as Officer Schmitt
- Kristofer Connor as Captain McCarthy
- Will Blagrove as Rusty
- Vince Orlando as Commander Burrell
- Zach Laboza as Luke
- Steve Jasgur as Signals Officer Christie
- Dar Allen as General Norris
- Mark Rademacher as John Manley
- Dan Amboyer as Drone Pilot
- Enrique Guzman as Customs Agent Cortez
- Jesse Nagy as Captain Welch
- Cruz Gonzalez-Cadel as Adriana Santos
- Jonathan Stanley as Major Martin
- Greg Violand as General Coller
- Devin Scillian as Himself
- Nicole Forester as LaBlanc
- Coburn Goss as Daniel Leone
- Chad Krowchuk as Glen Woodburn
- Neil deGrasse Tyson as Himself
- Soledad O'Brien as Herself
- Graham Beal as James Harmon
- John Seibert as McGraw
- Patrick Leahy as Senator Purrington
- Wunmi Mosaku as Kahini Ziri
- Dennis North as Senator Barrows
- Kiff VandenHuevel as Officer Mazzuccheli
- Mason Heidger as Officer Mike Rucka
- Sebastian Sozzi as Cesar Santos
- Kent Shocknek as Himself
- Ralph Lister as Emmett Vale
- Patrick Wilson as the President of the United States
- Jena Malone as Janet Klyburn (Ultimate Edition)
References to the broader DC Extended Universe
- Kal-El/Clark Kent/Superman appears.
- Lois Lane appears.
- Martha Kent appears.
- Perry White appears.
- Bruce Wayne/Batman is introduced.
- Lex Luthor is introduced.
- Diana Prince/Wonder Woman is introduced.
- A Riddler question mark is seen graffitied on a pillar.
- The Joker is mentioned.
- Doomsday is introduced.
- Thomas and Martha Wayne are introduced.
- Barry Allen/The Flash is introduced.
- Victor Stone/Cyborg is introduced.
- Arthur Curry/Aquaman is introduced.
- Silas Stone is introduced.
- Jimmy Olsen is introduced.
- Anatoli Knyazev is introduced.
- Kryptonite is introduced.
- A hologram of Stepenwolf is seen in the Ultimate edition.
- Steve Trevor is shown in photo.
- Sameer is shown in photo.
- Charlie is shown in photo.
- Chief Napi is shown in photo.
- Perry White appears.
- Jenny Jurwich appears.
- Peter Ross appears.
- Lana Lang appears.
- Emmett Vale is introduced.
- Glenn Woodburn appears on TV.
- Jonathan Kent appears in a vision.
- Zod's corpse appears.
- Robin's costume appears in the Batcave.
- Parademons are seen in Bruce Wayne's nightmare.
- Lex Luthor, Sr. is mentioned.
- Arkham Asylum is mentioned in the Ultimate Edition.
- A GBS microphone appears.
- A Mother Box appears.
- S.T.A.R. Labs appears.
- Kryptonian Ship appears.
- Who Will Win
The film was shot in Chicago, Illinois, Los Angeles, California, Michigan, New Mexico and Toronto.
|DC Extended Universe|
|Released Films||Man of Steel | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | Suicide Squad | Wonder Woman | Justice League | Aquaman|
|Upcoming Films||Shazam! | Wonder Woman 1984 | Birds of Prey | The Flash | Untitled Justice League sequel | Cyborg | Green Lantern Corps|
|Serials||Superman: The Serial | Atom Man vs. Superman|
|1950s films||Superman and the Mole Men|
|Donner/ Lester/ Furie series||Superman: The Movie | Superman II | Superman III | Superman IV: The Quest for Peace|
|Singer series||Superman Returns|
|DC Extended Universe||Man of Steel | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice|
|Spin-offs||Supergirl | Steel|
|Serials||Batman | Batman and Robin|
|Martinson series||Batman (1966)|
|Burton/Schumacher series||Batman | Batman Returns | Batman Forever | Batman & Robin|
|Nolan series||Batman Begins | The Dark Knight | The Dark Knight Rises|
|DCEU||Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | The Batman|