|Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)|
|Expected Release:||February 7, 2020|
To be added
- Margot Robbie as Harleen Quinzel/Harley Quinn
- Jurnee Smollett-Bell as Dinah Lance/Black Canary
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Helena Bertinelli/Huntress
- Ella Jay Basco as Cassandra Cain
- Rosie Perez as Renee Montoya
- Ewan McGregor as Roman Sionis/Black Mask
- Chris Messina as Victor Zsasz
- Charlene Amoia as Maria Bertinelli
- Michael Masini as Officer Dargo
- Ali Wong as a to-be-confirmed character
- Steven Williams as a to-be-confirmed character
- Derek Wilson as a to-be-confirmed character
- Dana Lee as a to-be-confirmed character
- Francois Chau as a to-be-confirmed character
- Matthew Willig as a to-be-confirmed character
- Robert Catrini as a to-be-confirmed character
Heroic Hollywood's El Mayimbe was a guest on the October 13, 2015, episode of Collider Heroes and he mentioned that Warner Bros. are developing both a Teen Titans movie (with Cyborg among others) and a movie about a female group of heroes. There is also a rumor of a Harley Quinn solo film in the DC Extended Universe, where Margot Robbie is set to reprise her role first seen in 2016's Suicide Squad. The film is said to feature "Birds of Prey". No other details are known at this stage. In November 2016, screenwriter Christina Hodson was signed on to pen the screenplay adaptation for Birds of Prey, which will not so much be a Harley Quinn solo spin-off film as originally thought, but an ensemble film of DC Comics' most notorious female heroines and villains. Margot Robbie is set to reprise her role as Harley Quinn from Suicide Squad plus co-produce the film. In April 2018, Warner Bros. picked Cathy Yan to direct the film.
- Cathy Yan is the first Asian woman to direct a superhero movie. She is second woman to direct a DC film after Patty Jenkins.
- Being produced under the working title of 'fox force five'. Fox Force Five was the name of a fictional television show that never made it past the production of its pilot in the movie Pulp Fiction.
- Lady Gaga was offered the lead role of either Huntress or Black Canary, but she turned it down.
- Before Ewan McGregor was cast as Black Mask, Sharlto Copley and Sam Rockwell were considered to play Black Mask. Rockwell passed on the role, but was considered the "archetype" for the casting.
- Sam Rockwell was the archetype for Black Mask, but he became unavailable for the film.
- In the comics, Barbara Gordon was one of the founding members of the Birds of Prey, both as Oracle and later as Batgirl in the New 52 reboot. While she doesn't appear in the film, Cassandra Cain who served as Batgirl in the comics for a time prior to the New 52 reboot does appear in the film.
- Both Margot Robbie and Mary Elizabeth Winstead worked with Will Smith. Robbie was in Focus and Winstead was in Gemini Man.
- The Penguin was rumored to be the villain either in this movie or The Batman.
- Both Lady Shiva and Katana were rumoured to be in the film. Karen Fukuhara would have reprised her role as Katana from Suicide Squad.
- Before Jurnee Smollett-Bell was cast, Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Janelle Monae were rumored to be in the running for Black Canary. Previously, Vanessa Kirby, Jodie Comer and Blake Lively were rumored as well.
- Before Mary Elizabeth Winstead was cast, Cristin Milioti, Margaret Qualley and Sofia Boutella were rumored to be in the running for the role of Huntress. Previously, Alexandra Daddario had been rumored as well.
- In the Birds of Prey comics, Harley Quinn has never been a member of the team.
- David Cain was rumoured to be the villain of the film.
- Peyton Elizabeth Lee was rumored for the role of Cassandra Cain.
- This will be the second time that both Ewan McGregor and Mary Elizabeth Winstead are working together after Fargo.
- Throught they played mother and daughter in the film, Charlene Amoia is 8 years older than Mary Elizabeth Winstead in real life.
- Being produced under the working title of "Fox Force Five". Fox Force Five was the name of a fictional television show that never made it past the production of its pilot in the movie Pulp Fiction.
- In the Birds of Prey comics, neither Harley Quinn nor Cassandra Cain have been members of the eponymous team.
- In the comics Barbara Gordon was one of the founding members of the Birds of Prey, both as Oracle and later as Batgirl in the New 52 reboot. While she doesn't appear in the film, Cassandra Cain who served as Batgirl in the comics for a time prior to the New 52 reboot does appear in the film.
- Both Jurnee Smollett-Bell and Ella Jay Basco were in at least one Grey's Anatomy episode.
- Kristen Stewart was the studio main choice for the role of Barbara Gordon/Batgirl before the character was cut from the script.
- Although it has yet to be confirmed by the filmmakers, Jared Leto has teased on his instagram that he'll be reprising his role the Joker.
- It has been rumored that Birds of Prey will be the first movie of a "Harley Quinn Trilogy". The second and third movies in the trilogy are rumored to be Gotham City Sirens and Birds of Prey vs. Gotham City Sirens, respectively.
- Birds of Prey features two cop characters that are named after Bruce Timm and Paul Dini. Timm was the Co-creator of Batman the Animated Series and is an artist for DC comics and Paul Dini is the creator of Harley Quinn.
- ↑ Collider Heroes – Ant-Man & Wasp Movie Announced, Daredevil Season 2 Trailer
- ↑ 
- ↑ Birds of Prey Movie Reportedly Currently Looking For A Director
- ↑ Cathy Yan Is Warner Bros’ Choice To Direct Margot Robbie In Next Harley Quinn Film
|DC Extended Universe|
|Released Films||Man of Steel | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | Suicide Squad | Wonder Woman | Justice League | Aquaman | Shazam!|
|Upcoming Films||Wonder Woman 1984 | Birds of Prey | The Flash | Untitled Justice League sequel | Cyborg | Green Lantern Corps|