|Expected Release:||October 21, 2022|
Black Adam is an upcoming film that will serve as a spin-off to Shazam! and is the eleventh film in the DC Extended Universe which follows Teth-Adam, who uses the power of Shazam for his own ways in the modern world.
“Nearly 5,000 years after he was bestowed with the almighty powers of the Egyptian gods—and imprisoned just as quickly—Black Adam is freed from his earthly tomb, ready to unleash his unique form of justice on the modern world.”
- Dwayne Johnson as Teth-Adam/Black Adam
- Aldis Hodge as Carter Hall/Hawkman
- Noah Centineo as Albert Rothstein/Atom Smasher
- Sarah Shahi as Adrianna Tomaz
- Marwan Kenzari as Ishmael
- Quintessa Swindell as Maxine Hunkel/Cyclone
- Bodhi Sabongui as Amon
- Pierce Brosnan as Kent Nelson/Doctor Fate
- Mo Amer as a to-be-confirmed character
- James Cusati-Moyer as a to-be-confirmed character
- Uli Latukefu as a to-be-confirmed character
References to the broader DC Extended Universe
- Teth-Adam/Black Adam is introduced.
- Carter Hall/Hawkman is introduced.
- Albert Rothstein/Atom Smasher is introduced.
- Kent Nelson/Doctor Fate is introduced.
- Maxine Hunkel/Cyclone is introduced.
- Justice Society of America are introduced.
- Intergang are introduced.
The World Needed a Hero, It Got Black Adam.
It was announced in January 2017 that Dwayne Johnson will be reprising his role as Black Adam in his own solo movie.
In October 2019, Dwayne Johnson revealed that production for the Black Adam project will start in July of 2020.
- Black Adam was originally going to first appear in Shazam!, but it was later revealed that he will instead make his debut in his own film.
- Jaume Collet-Serra was considered to direct The Suicide Squad but drooped out of the running to direct Jungle Cruise instead, that film also starred Dwayne Johnson.
- While Black Adam and Captain Marvel both speak the same name of the wizard Shazam as an acronym to activate their powers, in the case of Captain Marvel the acronym stands for the wisdom of Solomon, the strength of Hercules, the stamina of Atlas, the power of Zeus, the courage of Achilles, and the speed of Mercury. In the case of Black Adam, the acronym stands for the stamina of Shu, the swiftness of Horus, the strength of Amon, the wisdom of Zehuti, the power of Aton, and the courage of Mehen.
- Fady Elsayed was originally cast in the film, but due to COVID restrictions, his role had to be recast.
Promotion, Filming and Concept Art
|DC Extended Universe|
|Released Films||Man of Steel | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | Suicide Squad | Wonder Woman | Justice League | Aquaman | Shazam! | Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) | Wonder Woman 1984 | Zack Snyder's Justice League | The Suicide Squad|
|Upcoming Films||Black Adam | The Flash | Shazam! Fury of the Gods | Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | Untitled Justice League sequel | Cyborg | Green Lantern Corps | Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | Black Adam | Batgirl | Blue Beetle | Wonder Woman 3 | Shazam! Fury of the Gods|