|Alias(es)||Lieutenant General Swanwick|
|Appeared in||Man of Steel|
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Zack Snyder's Justice League
- "Alright, you've got our attention. What is it you want?"
- ―General Swanwick to Superman[src]
Calvin Swanwick is the US Defense Secretary.
To be added
To be added
To be added
- Colonel Nathan Hardy - Co-worker.
- Emil Hamilton - Co-worker.
- Carrie Farris - Co-worker.
- Superman - Ally.
- DC Extended Universe (3 films)
Behind the Scenes
To be added
- Swanwick's first name was never revealed until Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, in which we learn that his first name is Calvin.
- If the gap between Man of Steel and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is indeed 3 years from 2013 to 2016 just like the years where the movies were released, it is likely impossible for Lieutenant General Calvin Swanwick to served as United States Secretary of Defense due to the National Security Act of 1947 which prohibited an active-duty military personnel to served as United States Secretary of Defense before retiring for a minimum period of seven years. Unless both congress and senate grant General Swanwick a waiver so he'll be able to served as the next United States Secretary of Defense before retiring for seven years and General Swanwick nomination for the United States Secretary of Defense position must also be approved by Senate after receiving waiver. It is likely somewhere between Man of Steel and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice or 2013 and 2016, Swanwick retired from the military and was nominated by the President to be the next United States Secretary of Defense on which the President request both congress and senate to grant Swanwick a waiver to served as United States Secretary of Defense because Swanwick haven't retired from the military for seven years which is required by the National Security act of 1947 and Swanwick waiver was indeed approved by both congress and senate and Swanwick nomination for Secretary of Defense position was also approved by senate.
- Coincidentally, in the real-life Lloyd Austin the 28th U.S. Secretary of Defense bear a similarity with Calvin Swanwick character. Both are African-American who served as Secretary of Defense and former High-Ranking U.S. Army officers, Swanwick is a retired Army three-star Lieutenant General and Austin is a retired Army four-star General. Both Swanwick and Austin also once held command position within the United States Unified Combatant Command, a United States joint military command that conducts broad and continuing missions worldwide. Swanwick as Deputy Commander of the United States Northern Command (USNORTHCOM) with Area of Responsibility within the United States and North America and Austin as Commander of the United States Central Command (USCENTCOM) with Area of Responsibility within the Middle-East and Central Asia. Both Swanwick and Austin haven't retired from active-duty for minimum period of Seven years by the time they both served as Secretary of Defense which required by United States Law of National Security Act of 1947. While Austin did received waiver from both Congress and Senate to assume the duty of Secretary of Defense before retiring from active-duty for minimum period of seven years in the real-life, it is unclear whether Swanwick also did receive the same waiver from both Congress and Senate to assume the duty of Secretary of Defense before retiring from active-duty for minimum period of seven years, since the rules of the position might have been different in DCEU. But if the DCEU and real-life rules are indeed the same, so therefore Swanwick might have also received waiver from both Congress and Senate to assume the duty of Secretary of Defense before retiring from active-duty for minimum period of seven years, similar with Lloyd Austin, the incumbent Secretary of Defense in the real-life.
- According to Zack Snyder, Calvin Swanwick was supposed to appear in the Snyder Cut version of Justice League and would have been revealed as J'onn J'onzz, the Martian Manhunter. This idea eventually came to frutition, and was included in release of the Snyder Cut, Zack Snyder's Justice League.
Man of Steel
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.