|Alias(es)|| Wonder Woman|
|Appeared in|| Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice|
Wonder Woman 1984
- "A hundred years ago I walked away from mankind. A century full of horrors. Mankind made a world where standing together is impossible."
- ―Diana Prince to Bruce Wayne[src]
After joining forces with her lover, Steve Trevor to end World War I and after defeating Ares, she vowed to protect the world from various dangerous threats, albeit in a cautious and distant way; Diana would then become the superheroine known as Wonder Woman.
- "I used to want to save the world, this beautiful place. But the closer you get, the more you see the great darkness within. I learned this the hard way, a long time ago."
- ―Diana Prince[src]
To be added
"The world’s first and foremost female Super Hero, Wonder Woman at once embodies the unrivaled force and supreme grace of a born warrior, and the genuine compassion and understanding of a true humanitarian. As a symbol of equality, power, and truth, her natural confidence and unmistakable intelligence make her an unequaled, if unexpected, ally.
The immortal Amazonian Princess Diana keeps her eyes and ears open for intrigue as the beautiful and mysterious antiquities dealer, Diana Prince."
Wonder Woman Bookends
- "I used to want to save the world. To end war and bring peace to mankind. But then, I glimpsed the darkness that lives within their light. I learned that inside every one of them, there will always be both. The choice each must make for themselves - something no hero will ever defeat. And now, I know... that only love can truly save the world. So I stay. I fight, and I give... for the world I know can be. This is my mission now. Forever."
- ―Diana Prince[src]
- "People said the Age of Heroes would never come again."
- ―Diana Prince[src]
At the end of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Diana is revealed to have disparaging views regarding the "human race".
Powers and Abilities
- Amazon-Olympian Demigoddess Hybrid Physiology: As a demigoddess, particularly the daughter of Zeus, Diana possesses various superhuman feats; such as superhuman strength, durability, speed, agility, reflexes, senses, leaping, longevity, etc.
- Superhuman Strength: Wonder Woman was able to dominate several Amazons, as well as holding her own against Doomsday, and restraining him.
- Superhuman Durability: Wonder Woman is able to withstand blows from Doomsday.
- Superhuman Speed: Wonder Woman was able to get from the Metropolis Airport to Gotham Port in minutes after seeing Doomsday on television, she was also fast enough to get up from her seat, disarm a man of his gun and toss him across a room in seconds.
- Superhuman Agility: Wonder Woman was able to dodge quite a few attacks from Ares and Doomsday respectively.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Wonder Woman was able to deflect bullets with her Bracelets of Submission and block the blows of her opponents with ease. In Justice League, she was able to block all of the rapid machine-gun shots of a British terrorist with her bracelets, leaving the people standing behind her unscathed.
- Superhuman Leaping: Wonder Woman can leap several stories in a single bound.
- Superhuman Stamina: Wonder Woman can battle for a long time without needing a break.
- Superhuman Senses: Wonder Woman was able to clearly see Steve Trevor from miles away when his plane crash-landed near Themyscira. In Justice League, while talking to Bruce Wayne outside his lake house, Wonder Woman was able to spot Cyborg behind a tree spying on them.
- Accelerated Perception: When a German soldier fired at her, Wonder Woman could perceive the bullet as if it was moving in slow motion and move out of the way. In Justice League, when she dropped her sword mid-battle with Parademons, Wonder Woman was able to perceive the Flash super speeding towards her fallen weapon, and hence outstretched her hand while he returned the sword to her grasp.
- Accelerated Healing Factor: Wonder Woman can heal/regenerate quickly.
- Superhuman Immunity: Due to her accelerated healing factor; Wonder is immune to most, if not all types of diseases, illnesses, sickness, drugs, poisons, toxins, etc.
- Superhuman Longevity: Despite being 5,000 years old, Wonder Woman still maintains the physical appearance of a woman in her prime; thus, she possesses a form of agelessness.
- Energy Absorption: Wonder Woman can absorb various types of energy.
- Electrokinesis: Wonder Woman can manipulate electricity.
- Master Hand-To-Hand Combatant/Martial Artist: Due to her having 5 millenniums of combat training and experience, Wonder Woman is a formidable hand-to-hand combatant and martial artist, a master of uniquely Amazon martial arts, as well as an expert in most types of Amazon weapons, Wonder Woman's combat skills combined with her superhuman physical attributes, makes her a formidable opponent alone in single combat.
- Master Swordswoman: Due to her having 5 millenniums of combat training and experience, Wonder Woman is an extremely skilled swordswoman; during World War I, she was able to cut down several German soldiers relatively easily. In Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, she was able to cut off Doomsday's right arm with little to no effort.
- Mortality: Although Wonder Woman possesses the same physical and supernatural attributes as pure-blooded gods, she is not immortal; as she can be killed, just like any normal human.
- Lasso of Hestia: Diana uses the Lasso of Hestia to restrain her opponents, however, it cannot restrain extremely powerful super-powered individuals such as; Doomsday and Superman respectively for very long. Diana can also use the lasso to force her opponents to speak the truth; even if they do not want to.
- Bracelets of Submission: Diana wears specialized gauntlets to absorb various forms of energy and release it into an energy wave.
- Sword of Athena: Diana can proficiently wield the Sword of Athena in battle.
- Wonder Woman Armor: Diana wears protective armor as her super-heroine alter-ego, Wonder Woman, to protect herself from her enemies in battle.
- Godkiller: Diana can proficiently wield the Godkiller in battle, Diana continued to wielded the Godkiller; until it was destroyed by Ares.
- Zeus - Father; deceased.
- Hippolyta - Mother.
- Antiope - Aunt; deceased.
- Ares - Paternal half-brother and enemy; deceased.
- Justice League
- Steve Trevor - Ally and lover; deceased.
- Charlie - Ally; deceased.
- Chief Napi - Ally; deceased.
- Sameer - Ally, deceased.
- Etta Candy - Ally; deceased.
- Lois Lane- Ally and savior.
- Alfred Pennyworth - Ally.
- James Gordon - Ally.
- Lex Luthor - Enemy.
- Erich Ludendorff - Enemy and victim; deceased.
- Doomsday - Enemy; deceased.
- Steppenwolf - Enemy.
- Christopher Weiss - Enemy; deceased.
- DC Extended Universe (4 films)
Behind the scenes
- Zack Snyder commented on the casting, stating that "Wonder Woman is arguably one of the most powerful female characters of all time and a fan favorite in the DC Universe. Not only is Gal an amazing actress, but she also has that magical quality that makes her perfect for the role. We look forward to audiences discovering Gal in the first feature film incarnation of this beloved character.
- Before Gal Gadot was cast as Wonder Woman, Jaimie Alexander, Olga Kurylenko and Elodie Yung auditioned for the role of Wonder Woman.
- Gadot is the first non-American actress to perform as Diana Prince/Wonder Woman and the first actress to portray her in any live action theatrical film.
- Gadot trained in kung fu, kickboxing, swords, and Brazilian Jujitsu for her role.
- Gal Gadot was confirmed to play Diana on December 4, 2013. She is the first actress to portray Diana Prince/Wonder Woman in theatrical films. Lynda Carter only performed the role for television.
- Diana is over 5000 years old, making her the oldest member of the Justice League.
- Diana is right-handed.
- It is confirmed that Diana is in fact immortal, capable of living for eternity without visibly aging.
- Diana was never given or called Wonder Woman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Wonder Woman.
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Promotion and Filming
Promotion and Filming
Promotion and Concept Art
To be added