|Green Lantern Corps|
Green Lantern Corps is a planned reboot of the title character in early stages of development and the eleventh film in the DC Extended Universe.
Former test pilot Hal Jordan, now a veteran of the intergalactic group of protectors of peace and justice known as the Green Lantern Corps, mentors young recruit John Stewart.
- To-be-confirmed actor as Hal Jordan/Green Lantern
- To-be-confirmed actor as John Stewart/Green Lantern
On January 12, 2017, Deadline reports that David Goyer and Justin Rhodes will be writing the film's script & Geoff Johns and Jon Berg will be producing as well. On June 11, 2018 it was announced that Geoff Johns will pen the screenplay for Green Lantern Corps and act as a producer on the film.
- Jensen Ackles has been linked to the possible lead roles of Guy Gardner and Hal Jordan in this film. He is also linked to potentially playing the second reincarnation of Robin/Red Hood, aka Jason Todd, in another movie that shares the same universe as Green Lantern Corps. Having a contract with WB through Supernatural, Ackles is within the realm of possibility to playing Green Lanterns Jordan or Gardner.
- This movie was announced on October 15, 2014, along with 9 others.
- Mark Strong expressed interest in reprising his role as Sinestro from Green Lantern.
- This is the first live-action appearance of John Stewart, Guy Gardner, Jade Scott and Kyle Rayner.
- Although nothing is confirmed, it is rumored that this reboot will feature Hal Jordan, John Stewart, and Guy Gardner in the lead roles.
- Will feature more than one earth-bound Green Lantern.
- Chris Pine was the front-runner for the role of Hal Jordan, but he chose the role of Steve Trevor in Wonder Woman. Pine later stated that he was never offered the role of Jordan.
- It is rumored that this film will focus more on the Green Lantern Corp as a whole rather than one individual Green Lantern
- The film is the reboot of Green Lantern.
- The filmmakers cite the sci-fi films Men in Black, Star Trek and Guardians of the Galaxy as an influence on the film.
- David Ramsey who played John Diggle on the hit TV series Arrow (2012) was rumored for the role as the Green Lantern.
- It's rumored that the film will focus on the Green Lantern Corps and it's human members.
- It was rumored Alan Tudyk was in the running for Guy Gardner but has since expressed interest in the Booster Gold and Blue Beatle film with Nathan Fillion also rumored to play a Green Lantern.
- Dan Amboyer has been rumored to being cast as Hal Jordan/Green Lantern in this film, despite being cast as "Drone Pilot" in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
- Lance Gross is rumored for the role of John Stewart/Green Lantern.
- Idris Elba was rumored for the role of John Stewart/Green Lantern, but his contract with Marvel will make him unlikely to land one of the lead roles.
- Tyrese Gibson rumored for the role of John Stewart/Green Lantern.
- Due to the long-term debate as to which Green Lantern should be cast in future movies, including this solo film, fans of both John Stewart and Hal Jordan are compromising that Hal Jordan be cast as Green Lantern in the Justice League Parts 1 and 2 to properly introduce the character, while Hal Jordan takes on the mentor role and passes the power ring on to backup John Stewart for this film, possibly as an origin story to introduce Stewart. However, it is currently unknown how Warner bros. and DC plan to use Hal Jordan and/or John Stewart for upcoming DCCU films involving the Green Lantern.
- Ryan Reynolds will not reprise his role as Green Lantern after the movie Green Lantern. He said in an interview the only superheroes he'll ever play again is Deadpool.
- Tyrese Gibson made many Instagram posts of fan art for the purpose of prompting himself as the next Green Lantern/John Stewart.
- It is rumored that Chris Pine and Tyrese Gibson will be playing Hal Jordan and John Stewart respectively.
To be added
To be added
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 WB SHOWS OFF GREEN LANTERN CORPS CONCEPT ART AGAIN FEATURING HAL JORDAN & JOHN STEWART
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Green Lantern Corps Concept Art Showed Hal Jordan & John Stewart
- ↑ Warner Bros Sets David Goyer, Justin Rhodes For ‘Green Lantern Corps’
- ↑ Geoff Johns Exits DC Entertainment for Writing and Producing Deal (Exclusive)
|DC Extended Universe|
|Released Films||Man of Steel | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | Suicide Squad | Wonder Woman | Justice League | Aquaman|
|Upcoming Films||Shazam! | Wonder Woman 1984 | Birds of Prey | The Flash | Untitled Justice League sequel | Cyborg | Green Lantern Corps|
|Green Lantern Films|
|Animated||First Flight | Emerald Knights|
|Live Action||Green Lantern|
|Planned||Green Lantern Corps|