|Appeared in||Man of Steel|
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
- "You're not just anyone, Clark, and I have to believe that you were sent here for a reason. All these changes that you're going through, one day you gonna think of them as a blessing. When that day comes, you have to make a choice, the choice of whether to stand proud in front of the human race or not."
- ―Jonathan Kent[src]
Jonathan Kent was a farmer in Smallville, Kansas. He and his wife, Martha found a young child alone in a crashed space ship. Taking him in, they named him Clark. They soon figured out that he was no ordinary boy, Clark would become the hero known to all as Superman.
To be added
To be added
- DC Extended Universe (2 films)
- Before Kevin Costner was cast as Jonathan Kent, actors considered included Dennis Quaid, Bruce Greenwood, Michael Biehn and Kurt Russell.
- Kevin Costner's role was previously played by Glenn Ford. Both of them have been involved in competing projects about Wyatt Earp. Glenn was cast in Tombstone, but had to drop out. Costner played the title role in Wyatt Earp, which also cast him opposite Gene Hackman (the original Lex Luthor) as his father.
- Kevin Coster also played a farmer in the film Field of Dreams.
- Jonathan is Clark's adopted father, while Jor-El is his biological father. The actors who portrayed them, Kevin Costner and Russell Crowe, both portrayed the character Robin Hood in different films.