|Producer(s):|| Joel Silver|
Lobo is a movie in early stages of development about the extraterrestrial bounty hunter Lobo.
- No confirmed cast
In 2002, Scott Leberecht directed a film adaptation of The Lobo Paramilitary Christmas Special as part of the American Film Institute's director's studies program. Andrew Bryniarski stars as Lobo, with Tom Gibis as the Easter Bunny and Michael V. Allen as Santa Claus. The film was made with a budget of $2,400, although many professionals donated time and effort. It premiered at the AFI in May 2002. 
In September 2009, Warner Bros. announced that Guy Ritchie would direct a live-action adaptation featuring the comic book character. Variety described the premise: "[Lobo] is a seven-foot tall, blue-skinned, indestructible and heavily muscled anti-hero who drives a pimped out motorcycle, and lands on Earth in search of four fugitives who are bent on wreaking havoc. Lobo teams with a small town teenage girl to stop the creatures." Ritchie is scheduled to begin production of Lobo in early 2010 and bring an "irreverent, gruff tone" to the film as he did with previous films Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch. The studio is aiming for a PG-13 rating from the Motion Picture Association of America.
As of January 2010 producer Joel Silver stated that Guy Ritchie has opted to leave the franchise to do a sequel to Sherlock Holmes. Silver also said that he and producers Akiva Goldsman and Andrew Rona will probably have to find another director.
In March 2016, it was reported that Jason Fuchs would write the script.
- Lobo is known as Stan Lee's favourite DC Comics character.
- In the comics Lobo is immortal, and has on multiple occasions gone toe-to-toe with Superman and survived without a scratch. He is the last Czarnian, and can only be truly killed by another Czarnian. On the rare occasion he has ended up in the underworld he has gone on to wreak so much havoc in both heaven and hell that both have kicked him out rendering him immortal in a second way.
- Dwayne Johnson and Will Smith were approached to star as Lobo. Johnson would later be cast as Black Adam in Shazam! and Smith would be cast as Deadshot in Suicide Squad.
- Lobo is Spanish/Portugese for "wolf".
- On Lobo's planet of Czarnia, Lobo means "he who devours your entrails and thoroughly enjoys it."
- In February 2018 Michael Bay was approached to direct.