|The Suicide Squad|
|Expected Release:||August 6, 2021|
To be added
- Idris Elba as a To-be-confirmed character
- Margot Robbie as Harleen Quinzel/Harley Quinn
- Jai Courtney as George Harkness/Captain Boomerang
- Viola Davis as Amanda Waller
- Joel Kinnaman as Rick Flag
- David Dastmalchian as Polka-Dot Man
- Daniela Melchior as Ratcatcher
- Storm Reid as a To-be-confirmed character
- Flula Borg as a To-be-confirmed character
- To-be-confirmed actor as King Shark
- To-be-confirmed actor as Peacemaker
In March 2016, it was announced that Warner Bros. would bring David Ayer and Will Smith back for a sequel, to be shot in 2017, as Ayer expressed an interest in making the sequel R-rated. Karen Fukuhara has stated that she wants to explore Katana's backstory in the sequel, and Jai Courtney has stated about his hopes of reprising his role as well.
- David Ayer was set to direct the sequel but will direct the spin off Gotham City Sirens instead.
- David Ayer wanted to make an R-rated sequel.
- Margot Robbie said she would play Harley Quinn for as long as possible, as she loved playing her in Suicide Squad.
- Zak Penn wrote an new story treatment which would have been his 6th comic book movie after X2: X-Men United, Elektra, X-Men: The Last Stand, The Incredible Hulk and The Avengers.
- Gavin O'Connor was in the running to direct the film but left due to the film's delayed and conflicts with Will Smith's production schedule.
- Guy Ritchie expressed interest in directing.
- Mel Gibson, Ruben Fleischer, Daniel Espinosa and Jonathan Levine were in talks to direct the sequel.
- Mel Gibson was the rumored frontrunner to direct. Coincidentally, Gibson was one of the actors considered to play Bruce Wayne/Batman in Tim Burton's Batman and Two-Face in Batman Forever.
- Jaume Collet-Serra was considered to direct if Mel Gibson doesn't direct. Collet-Serra has now taking him out of the running to direct Jungle Cruise instead.
- David S. Goyer was rumored to direct the movie.
- Ruben Fleischer was considered to direct however after being in final negotiations to helm Venom.
- Guy Ritchie did expressed interest in directing.
- Todd Stashwick was the film's co-writer with David Bar Katz also appears on the DC TV series Gotham as Richard Sionis / The Mask.
- James Gunn was brought in to write and potentially direct the sequel following his departure from Disney. Dave Bautista has expressed interest in playing a role in the film.
- Peter Safran is quoted as saying "First of all, we don't call it Suicide Squad 2 'cause it's a total reboot, so it's The Suicide Squad and I think people should be extremely excited about it. It's everything you would hope from a James Gunn script and I think that says a lot and that promises a lot and I know that we will deliver a lot." However, with a few of the main cast reprising their characters, it is more like a soft reboot.
- Will Smith was set to return as Deadshot but left due to scheduling conflicts.
- Idris Elba was initially hired to replace Will Smith as Deadshot, but it was later decided that Elba would play a new character so Smith could return in the future.
- Isabela Moner was considered for the role of Ratcatcher.
- John Cena is in talks for a part.
- Rumoured members of the squad include Killer Frost, Deathstroke, Mindblogger and Bronze Tiger.
To be added
To be added
- ↑ Will Smith, Joel Edgerton to Star in David Ayer’s Cop Thriller ‘Bright’
- ↑ Will Smith, David Ayer Reteaming on Max Landis Spec ‘Bright’
- ↑ SUICIDE SQUAD DIRECTOR DAVID AYER WANTS TO MAKE AN R-RATED SEQUEL HAPPEN
- ↑ Suicide Squad's Karen Fukuhara Pitches Her Katana Spin-Off Idea
- ↑ Jai Courtney On Suicide Squad 2: I Don’t Feel Like I’m Done With Boomerang
|DC Extended Universe|
|Released Films||Man of Steel | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | Suicide Squad | Wonder Woman | Justice League | Aquaman | Shazam!|
|Upcoming Films||Wonder Woman 1984 | Birds of Prey | The Flash | Untitled Justice League sequel | Cyborg | Green Lantern Corps|