|Wonder Woman 1984|
|Writer(s):|| Geoff Johns|
Patty Jenkins & Geoff Johns
|Expected Release:||June 5, 2020|
Wonder Woman 1984 is the upcoming sequel to Wonder Woman and will be the ninth film in the DC Extended Universe and follows Diana in the 1980's.
To be added
- Gal Gadot as Princess Diana/Diana Prince/Wonder Woman
- Chris Pine as Steve Trevor
- Kristen Wiig as Barbara Minerva/Cheetah
- Connie Nielsen as Queen Hippolyta
- Robin Wright as Antiope
- Pedro Pascal as a To-be-confirmed character
- Natasha Rothwell as a To-be-confirmed character
- Ravi Patel as a To-be-confirmed character
- Gabriella Wilde as a To-be-confirmed character
- Soundarya Sharma as a To-be-confirmed character
In April 2017, director Patty Jenkins talked about the possibility of a sequel, stating "I'm excited for her to come to America and become the Wonder Woman we are all familiar with from having grown up around her as an American superhero. I'd like to bring her a little farther along into the future and have a fun, exciting storyline that is its own thing. Wonder Woman 1 is so much about her becoming the person she is. I can't wait to spring forward with who she is and have another great standalone superhero film." In May 2017, Zack Snyder has confirmed that a sequel is in the works.
- The film's sequel was announced after the release of Wonder Woman.
- Gal Gadot wanted Halle Berry to play Diana's love interest for the film's sequel.
- Sarah Paulson wanted to portray Cheetah.
- The villain role was firstly offered to Emma Stone but she declined. The role was then offered to Kristen Wiig, Patty Jenkins's first choice.
- This film is the first live action appearance of Cheetah. All of her previous appearances were in animated television programs (specifically Challenge of the Superfriends, Justice League and Batman: The Brave and the Bold) and direct-to-DVD animated films featuring the Justice League. She was never featured in the 1970s live action television series.
- Originally intended to release on December 20th 2019, but was pushed forward over a month to November 1st the same year to avoid competing with Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
- Part of the film was shot on 70mm IMAX cameras and expand aspect ratio during select sequences.
- Hans Zimmer announced that he would retire from the Superhero business after Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Although he accepted to compose the score for Dark Phoenix and now will return to compose for this film.
- In October 2018, the film's release date was pushed back for a second time. Now it is scheduled to hit theaters in June 5, 2020.
- Gal Gadot and Kristen Wiig have previously starred in Date Night almost a decade before this movie's release.
- Kristen Wiig who is portraying Cheetah in this film appeared in Mother! with Michelle Pfeiffer who portrayed Catwoman in Batman Returns.
- This is Pedro Pascal's second Wonder Woman project, the first being David E. Kelley's failed TV pilot, Wonder Woman, with Adrianne Palicki in the title role.
- GLAAD ambassador Gianna Collier-Pitts has started a petition on Change.org to have Diana's bisexuality recognized in the film.
To be added
- ↑ What Wonder Woman 2 Should Be About, According To Patty Jenkins
- ↑ Woman 2’ Development Confirmed By Zack Snyder
- ↑ Gadot names Halle Berry as actress for ideal love interest'
|DC Extended Universe|
|Released Films||Man of Steel | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | Suicide Squad | Wonder Woman | Justice League | Aquaman | Shazam! | Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey|
|Upcoming Films||Wonder Woman 1984 | The Batman | The Suicide Squad | Black Adam | Aquaman 2 | The Flash | Untitled Justice League sequel | Cyborg | Green Lantern Corps|