|Y'Mera Xebella Challa|
Princess of Xebel
|Appeared in|| Justice League|
Mera was in Atlantis with a handful of soldiers protecting one of the Mother Boxes which had been activated. Steppenwolf arrived via his Boomtube and attacked and killed some of the Atlantean soldiers. As he swam towards the Mother Box in the attempt to grab it, Mera created shock waves which stunned him for a short time. The New God quickly recovered and charged against Mera, throwing her with great force leaving her unconscious. Aquaman arrived and engaged Steppenwolf but was also overpowered by the New God's superior strength.
After failing to stop the Mother Box from being taken, Mera approached Arthur creating a bubble around them so they could talk. As Arthur showed concern over her, Mera replied with disdain, as she told him that he was the son of Queen Atlanna and it was his responsibility to follow and stop Steppenwolf. Before leaving Arthur asked Mera to give him the Atlantean Royal Armor and the Trident to help in his quest.
To be added
Powers and Abilities
- Atlantean Physiology: Mera's Atlantean heritage has granted her various superhuman feats; such as superhuman strength, durability, speed, agility, reflexes, senses, leaping, etc., making him an extremely powerful superhuman; especially when Mera is exposed to water.
- Superhuman Strength: Mera is extremely strong due to her body being adapted to withstand immense underwater pressures.
- Superhuman Durability: Mera is able to withstand immense underwater pressures at over 21000 feet below sea level.
- Superhuman Speed: Mera, while underwater, can swim at supersonic speeds.
- Aquatic Respiration: As a high-born Atlantean; Mera can breathe both on land and in the water.
- Hydrokinesis: Mera can manipulate water.
- Master Hand-To-Hand Combatant: Mera is an extremely skilled hand-to-hand combatant; regardless if she is on the land or in the water.
To be added
- Arthur Curry/Aquaman - Ally, king and love interest.
- Nereus - Father.
- Orm Marius/Ocean Master - Ex-fiancé and former king turned enemy.
- Steppenwolf - Enemy.
- DC Extended Universe (2 films)
Behind the scenes
- Amber Heard underwent a grueling exercise regime by training 3 hours a day with intense workouts such as combat training, stunt training and cardio sessions.
- Jason Momoa worked out with Amber Heard to help her gain the physique she needed for the role since August 3rd, 2016.
- This is the character's first live action cinematic debut.
Promotion, Filming and Concept Art